ITIN application and renewal

No Social Security number? There is an alternative! We can help you get an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN), for free.

What is an ITIN and who needs it?

An Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) is a tax processing number that is issued by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

If you don’t have a Social Security number (SSN) or if you’re ineligible for one, then you’ll need an ITIN to file. This goes for anyone whose name is going on a tax return—the main filer, spouse, or dependents.

Remember, ITINs can be issued regardless of immigration status. Individuals who are residents or nonresidents may still have a U.S. filing or reporting requirement. You can learn more about ITINs by visiting the IRS website. 

We have certified acceptance agents (CAAS) to help you get an ITIN or renew the one you have

How to apply for an ITIN

Call 651-262-2177 to make an appointment.

You’ll need to submit your ITIN application (a Form W-7) at the same time you file your tax return, so we’ll schedule both for you at once.

How to renew your ITIN

Call 651-262-2177 to schedule an appointment.

Starting in 2016, some ITIN numbers must be renewed on a rotating basis or when not used for three or more years. Usually, the IRS will send you a letter asking you to renew it. Please give us a call when you receive your letter and we’ll set up an appointment to renew.

What you'll need

You will need a valid, original document with a photo to verify your identification along with a document that verifies your foreign status.

We will discuss the documents that are needed once you schedule your appointment.

In most cases, original documents do not need to be submitted since we have Certified Acceptance Agents (CAAS).