We make taxes fun!

Consider volunteering with us to help people become more financially empowered. Check out our volunteer page today!


Alternate Filing Options

Do-it-yourself TAX PREP

If appointments are full, or you are over income, please consider our Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Tax Prep service, available to those who make $73,000 or less!  

DIY Tax Prep combines access to free filing software with support in the form of a DIY Tax Prep Guide, free live weekly trainings (recorded trainings available as well), and support on the back end in the form of a dedicated email/phone line, all to get you over the finish line to successfully file! Learn more about DIY Tax Prep, including who’s a good fit for the service here. 

For Renter’s Credit or Property Tax Filing ONLY

Currently we offer a step-by-step guide to claim the Renter portion of M1PR credit through our Do-it-Yourself Tax Prep option. Access the Guide here.

For Child Tax Credit (CTC) Filing only

If you don’t usually file taxes, use GetCTC.org’s simplified tax filing tool to claim your Child Tax Credit and any missing amount of your third stimulus payment. Access the tool here: GetCTC.org/pandp 


Si por lo general no declara impuestos, use GetCTC.org/es/pandp para reclamar su Crédito Tributario por Hijos y cualquier cantidad faltante de su tercer pago de estímulo.


Services at Prepare + Prosper are provided by a team of 500+ IRS-certified volunteers who are passionate about taxes and finances. All tax returns are double checked for accuracy to make sure we’re getting you the maximum refund. We can do federal and Minnesota returns, including property tax refunds for renters and homeowners.



If you’re filing as a single and make less than $35,000 a year—you’re in luck! Grab your documents and find a free tax clinic.


We can help families whose household income is $60,000 or less per year. Make sure to bring your documents and find a free tax clinic!


If you’re self-employed (with no employees) and make more than $6000 of self-employment income but less than $55,000 per year, we can help you with your taxes. You’ll need to make an appointment at our In-Person Drop off/Self-Employment clinic. Call 651-262-2169 to schedule an appointment. Make sure to see our list of what to bring for all the documents and forms you will need!

We can’t help you if…

We are not able to do your taxes if you have income from driving a cab, rental income, any tax filing requirements involving cryptocurrency, or filed bankruptcy in the tax year you wish to file. There are also other, less common situations that are out of our scope. If you are unsure whether we can do your taxes, please give us a call at 651-287-0187.

For More Info


In-person service is available on a limited basis and by appointment only.

  • Set up an appointment by phone or on our website to schedule a time to bring your documents to your scheduled appointment.
    • Appointments last approximately 2-3 hours.
  • Complete intake paperwork before appointments. This will shorten the in-person time needed and increase the safety of everyone involved.   
  • Arrive at your scheduled appointment time.
    • If you are using public transportation or Metro Mobility please let us know when making your appointment.  
  • At the end of your appointment, we will go over final results of the tax return, verify information, have you sign and take home a copy of your taxes. Your return will be filed after we collect your signature. 

Appointments are still available
  • We are following the CDC and Minnesota Department of Health guidelines for protecting you and others during the COVID-19 pandemic.  
  • When visiting one of our sites, physical distancing and mask wearing are encouraged but not mandatory; we will have masks available if you do not have one. 
  • For safety’s sake, please come alone. Bring family members along only for purposes of transportation, mobility, or interpreting. 
  • We ask for no eating at our sites.
  • At our sites, desks, tabletops, pens, etc. will be clean and sanitized after each use.  



Make sure you prepare all of the necessary documents and forms with you so that we can prepare your taxes and get you your maximum refund.

For in-person tax prep, please bring all completed materials to your appointment.

There’s a separate list for those who are self-employed.


If you don’t have a Social Security number, you will need an ITIN—an Individual Tax Identification Number—to complete your tax return(s). We can help you get one for free!


Skip the phone call. Check out our Q&A for answers to common questions we get.


Tax returns are nice, but it matters what you do with it, too! Whether you’re going to use your refund to pay the bills or pay off debt, begin to save for a home or college, or invest for retirement – we have the tools to start you on the path toward financial security.