"I enjoy working with diverse people and helping people in need prepare for a brighter financial future."
What to Bring -- Self-Employed
All self-employed tax customers must complete the Self-Employed Tax Organizer (SETO) before their appointment.
If you are a home daycare provider, please complete this Day Care Tax Organizer form instead of the one above.
If you need editable versions of either, please contact Thomas Larson at 651-262-2159 or thomas[at]prepareandprosper.org.
You need to bring:
- For each person listed on the return: Social Security card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) card or letter AND birth date
- Picture I.D.
- Income statements or forms like the following:
- Wages from each job (Form W-2)
- Interest (Form 1099-INT)
- Dividends (Form 1099-DIV)
- Retirement plans (Form 1099-R)
- Gambling winnings (Form W-2G)
- Unemployment (Form 1099-G)
- Social Security benefits (Form SSA-1099)
- Miscellaneous income (1099-MISC)
- Sale of stock (1099-B)
- Scholarships and grants (1098-T)
- Health insurance purchased thru MNsure (Form 1095-A)
Bring if it applies to you:
- Prior year’s tax return (if available)
- Verification of health insurance for each person listed on the return (1095-A or 1095-B)
- Checking and/or savings account & routing numbers
- Year-end income statements for MFIP, SSI, MSA, GA, veterans’ benefits, and worker’s compensation
- Receipts for education expenses you paid for your children in grades K-12. For example: tutoring, rental/purchase of instruments, music lessons, pencils & notebooks
- Tuition expenses you paid to attend a university/technical college (Form 1098-T)
- Interest you paid on student loans (Form 1098-E)
- Day care expenses you paid for your children. Bring provider’s name, address & tax ID or Social Security number
- Records of cash and non-cash charitable contributions
- Homeowners: Mortgage interest and real estate taxes paid in 2014 (Form 1098) and Statement of Property Tax Payable in 2015 mailed by county in March
- Renters: Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP) from your landlord