"I enjoy working with diverse people and helping people in need prepare for a brighter financial future."
Becoming a VITA site
What is VITA?
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) is a nation-wide program of the Internal Revenue Service’s (IRS). Since 1969, the IRS has partnered with community-based organizations, education and financial institutions to support them in offering free tax assistance to individuals who meet certain income qualifications.
As a VITA site, you will receive free tax software and access to free electronic-filing services. Prepare + Prosper has experience operating VITA tax sites for more than 34 years.
Goals of VITA
- Promote tax understanding and awareness
- Prepare accurate tax returns free for qualified taxpayers
- Encourage personal asset building through tax incentives
VITA program requirements
- Keep confidential the information provided for tax return preparation
- Prepare returns within the scope of the VITA program
- Adhere to IRS privacy and quality guidelines
- Complete application to participate in IRS E-file program
- Ensure all volunteer tax preparers successfully complete the IRS Certification Test
Contact Heather Frank at 651-262-2158 or heather[at]prepareandprosper.org to learn more about what we can do to assist your organization in becoming a VITA site.